*Click on the pictures if you want to see a larger size.
A few quick notes about the costume…
- Everything is hand drafted and my own design.
- All items are hand dyed to achieve the color and aged texture that I desired for the look of the costume.
- The Cropped jacket is completely real leather detailed with bronze metal buttons and a fitted silhouette. I aged and distressed the seams for an authentic pirate look.
- The linen shirt/dress is all natural fiber linen, tea stained and antiqued by hand. Along the hem it is edged with handmade crocheted lace and some antique lace from a catholic prayer table cloth. I carefully dipped it in dyes to create even more of an aged effect.
- For the corset and skirt I used lovely natural linen dyed in deep shades.
The Corset is completely made from linen and lined in a deep cream colored tapestry. Fully boned with metal spiral boning, metal busks and black eyelets tie everything together. Corset seams are accented with machine embroidery and details.
Binding is an antique bit of silk binding found at vintage shop. An assortment of vintage metal buttons grace the front.
- The linen skirt is attached to the corset and is constructed in a historical fashion with full pleating and a split front. Hem dyed to look a bit dirty.
- I like to use antique and vintage trims and notions to give everything a historical feel.
I will be doing a photoshoot of me wearing this costume at some point, but the weather hasn't been good enough for that yet. So that will be coming soon.
Looking for your own custom made Pirate Costume? Contact me for details.