Here are a few questions that I am often asked.
Feel free to send me a email on my contact page if you any specific questions.
- Do you have ready made costumes to buy right now?
- How long does it take to complete my order?
Answer: It really depends on your deadline, how many orders I already have going and how complicated your costume is. Please allow at least 4 to 6 weeks for completion. If you need something soon, contact me. If you do not need your costume for 4 months, but another customer needs theirs in 3 weeks, I will finish their order first, then start yours. If you have questions about this please contact me.
- If I bought a costume today, could you get it to me in a week?
Answer: No, I could not. Each costume is created just for you, this takes time to complete. If you bought a ready made item, it could get to you in a week.
- Do you have a shop I could visit to pick out a costume?
Answer: No, I do not have a shop to visit or come in for a fitting. The costumes are created by me, from the cutting, dyeing and sewing everything is done in my own studio. This is an online small business only, at this time.
- I live in England (France, Spain, UK...etc..), can you ship to me?
Answer: Unfortunately due the recent increase in custom fees in individual countries I can only ship to the USA. I hope that changes soon. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- I want a costume just, like the movie…down the last detail and thread, can you do that?
Answer: My costumes are inspired by the movie versions. I try my best to get them as close as possible to the original. However, it is impossible to know just what was used for the movie for every fabric, so …no, your costume will not be made with movie materials, but something similar.
- I don’t want to buy a costume, but could you make me a pattern so I could make it myself?
Answer: No, my costumes are custom made and I usually make up my own patterns, so I do not have any for sale.
Costumes I don't create.
This can be due to fit issues online or it simply is not my genre of work
- Leather Armour and molded real leather garments
- Anime Costumes and Anime Cosplay Costumes
- Furry Costumes with tails or animal ears
- Transgender or Drag Queen Costumes
- Dresses for Men
- Latex costumes or Super Hero body suits
- Kids Costumes (Please contact This Seamstress for kids costumes)
- Dog Costumes
- Modern Wedding Dresses
- Mascot Costumes for Schools Etc.
- Professional Dance Costumes
- Professional Horse Riding Costumes