So I am doing something a bit crazy.
In between customer costumes and contracted costume work...
...I am going to try and make a Snow White Costume! Let's hope I can actually accomplish it....who needs sleep right?
If you would like to see my full picture filled costume research post click here...
I liked this picture above, so I wanted to included it here. The dark atmosphere is so fairytale. Not to mention they both have awesome costumes.
Snow White's costume is durable, pretty and totally ready for action.
You can see the construction of the actual dresses in the clip above.
"Lips red as blood, hair black as night....
....Bring me your heart, my dear, dear Snow White"
ok last moving image...promise. It just captures so much more detail then still images.
Want to see my supplies?....
- The light blue is a linen rayon blend. Super pretty and lovely. Feels like a "true fairytale homespun". Not cheap, but perfect.
- The rich blood red is an expensive 100% silk yardage that I splurged on. I adore silk and being it is a princess costume we must have silk.
- The deep chocolate color is an organic linen. (I think hers in the movie is suede) but my fabric store didn't have the right color of suede today and I LOVED this linen.
- The lacing for the light blue sleeves is an 100% silk ribbon from England.
- The lacing for the brown bodice is a woven deep brown color with strands of bronze. Creating a chain like effect.
All I have left to find are the perfect metal studs for accenting the sleeves and neckline. As well as boning for the bodice...,but I might just have enough in my stash.
This is the picture I was going off of for the fabric colors. It seems to be the least "photo-shopped". The editing can totally ruin the effect of the real fabrics. erg. So it can be hard to capture the "real fabric colors" ...however, I think this image is pretty good.
I just need to find some good boots. Hmmm...I have some brown leather ones that lace up the front. So if I don't have time to buy new ones those will work.
Anyone interested in a "Snow White" makeup and hair tutorial post?
Her makeup is a classic "no-makeup" makeup look. With stained berry red lips, pale skin and long dark lashes.
I hear tell that Benefit will be offering a "Snow White" themed kit coming on April 17th. So I will be keeping an eye out for that.
Also, if you want to read the movie book it will be released on the 17th as well. (this fairytale geek has it on pre-order..shhh...)
Thanks for reading! More updates to come....
Have a magical day,
Check out this extra long trailer... if you want to see more movie details. Ah! It just looks so cool, but that is my personal taste.
I am always a fan of a good darker version of one of my favorite fairy tales. ;) The Queen looks absolutely amazing. I was really impressed with the design for the magic mirror as well. My hat is off to the concept artists!!